Sunday, January 24, 2010

SEE PREVIOUS POST BELOW BEFORE READING!!!!

Tonight I had to run to Rite Aid to get an emergency re-stocking of diapers because we only had one left in the hosue ! I didn't want to drive all the way to Target - even though I had coupons for Huggies Pure & Natural Diapers. So instead, I sat down and 10 minutes later had a handful of coupons to take with me Rite Aid. This was a great trip!!

Spent $20.54
Saved $22.43!!!

Holy Cow! I saved MORE than I SPENT!! My shopping list was as follows:

2 each Maybelline Eyeliner - one black the other brown
1 each Maybelline Mascarra
1 each Huggies Jumbo pack of Diapers
1 each bottle of Tylenol - 250 count (the biggest one you can find - besides Costco)

Eyeliners were normally $3.49 each
Mascara was normally $5.19
Huggies Diapers were normally $11.99
Tylenol was normally $15.99

I know it doesn't look like alot, but the stuff I bought was expensive without coupons! So, really, I got the Tylenol and Mascara for free!! This was just kind of a spur-of-the-moment trip because of the diaper emergency. And, for the record, I DID need all of these purchases..... :)

This week I need to make a trip to Walgreens, Target, and probably another trip to Rite Aid.
Oh, I did want to mention that I have two previous shopping trips that resulted in quite a bit of savings - one to Walgreens and the other to Rite Aid - but forgot to save my receipts, so I can't give the details!

4 comments:

The Lomeli clan said...

I think you should go back to writing about your life. It is way more entertaining. The only person who really gets excited about all the money you save is Mike. You could write it on his Facebook page.

Audrey said...

Oh shut up~ You're just jealous. Just for that I'm not gonna tell you the secrets. :(

The Lomeli clan said...

I have been using coupons for years! Remember at NBS I would report specials at the local supermarkets? You never wanted to listen back then.....I'm just saying!

Audrey said...

Girl!...Whatever. :) A best friend would share my excitement instead of discouraging it....I'm just saying.